Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Mini-review of the Matt Smith monologue from The Rings of Akhaten with bonus rant.

This is what I thought of Matt Smith's monologue
from The Rings of Akhaten:

~
...And before anyone starts, NO I don't hate Doctor Who. I simply did not like that scene. I'm a whovian. Not a born again. I can 'not like' some stories or scenes in Doctor Who, or even certain Doctors. It's OK. I've noticed some conversations on the internet saying there are whovians that hate Doctor Who just because they didn't like this episode. WHAT?
Are we really that intolerant of other opinions? I mean, I like to joke and give my friends a hard time when they like 'Love and Monsters' or Adric(seriously, what?), but I don't think they hate Doctor Who because of it. Sheesh, people. That's a pretty big leap in logic.
   So don't freak out when I say..
It's a TV show. Get some perspective. There are people dying in the real world because of real monsters. Human, mostly..

Oh, see... now I've ranted all over myself.

    ~Terry Lightfoot


4 comments:

Unknown April 11, 2013 at 3:25 AM  

Hands down, that episode was crap. And for the record, that cardigan is the only thing in the show that ever got the better of Ian.

Paul Mudie April 11, 2013 at 12:56 PM  

I thought the episode was OK, but it certainly wasn't one of Smith's best. But life goes on. It's perfectly acceptable to like some bits of Who and not like others. In fact, I'd worry about the sanity of anyone who claims to like ALL of it! That would mean they liked The Web Planet, the Myrka and Sylvester McCoy...

Unknown April 11, 2013 at 6:55 PM  

I love McCoy. However, I will not deny any implications that may make on my sanity.

That story was so exceedingly contrived just to have Matt Smith make that speech. Half the episode was taken up by the filler of Clara wondering around a market and the Doctor opening a friggin' door. And how does the Doctor give all his memories to the big eatty thing and still have his memories? And little Clara manages to come up with a simple plan to defeat the eatty thing in a couple of seconds when all the combined intellects of 7 ancient civilizations with millions of years to think about it couldn't? And how is that leaf the 'most important in human history'? As far as I can tell all it did was get her dad some booty. And how many people couldn't claim to have some similar object? "If that tire hadn't blown in front of that gas station, I wouldn't have ate that egg salad sandwich that gave me the shits and I wouldn't have gone to the emergency room where your mother pumped my stomach and stole my heart! It's the most important tire in the universe!" Bullshit. After all the lead up, ol' Moff mailed it in on this one big time and I for one feel a bit cheated.

Unknown May 13, 2013 at 5:50 PM  

"Your mother pumped my stomach and stole my heart"
Brilliant.

Post a Comment

WebMaster: Terry Lightfoot
WebDoctor: Oolon Sputnik
Blog by Terry Lightfoot
Back to TOP